My kids (and I!) adore reading programs, so we are all thrilled to be participating in the Readathon for children’s books at MeMeTales in partnership with PBSKids this summer. And you can participate with us! You can find all the details here, but here are a few basics:
- Every week, there will be new ebooks that your child can “borrow” for the week and read through MeMeTales online, or through your iphone, ipad, Android phone or tablet, or Kindle Fire (Nook app is coming soon). If you download the app, you will also get 20 books for free!
- The Readathon lasts six weeks, and each week has a theme:
- Week 1 – Animal Fun
- Week 2 – Friendship
- Week 3 – Character Development
- Week 4 – Imagination
- Week 5 – The Green earth
- Week 6 – Global Cultures
- Several bloggers – myself included – are working with MeMeTales to create crafts and activities that your child(ren) can complete to go along with the books for each week (disclosure:MeMeTales is providing us with copies of the books that I cover for the Readathon on this blog).
- For every child who joins the Readathon, MeMeTales will donate a meal to send a hungry child to school through FoodForEducation.org.
I hope you’ll participate alongside us! You can also use the hashtag #ReadForGood to connect with other participants!