Things I’m loving about having a six-year-old:
- Watching new worlds unfold through reading
- Sophisticated reasoning – even when it means questions like, “Why do I have to do what you say?”
- Greater empathy
- A new-found ability to help siblings calm down and feel safe
Things I’m loving about having a four-year-old:
- Humor!!! Johnny is a funny little boy, and he loves to make people laugh!
- Energy and coordination for fun, active games – both indoors and out
- More talking! Explaining feelings and events
- Creative ideas for imaginary games and worlds
Things I’m loving about having a two-year-old:
- Incredibly intense opinions
- Affection – Lily gives the best hugs in the universe
- Being surprised at what she knows
- Watching her take more and more of a leadership role within games
Things I’m loving about having a baby on the way:
- The kids’ excitement over a new baby sister
- Tiny baby kicks
- Planning and preparing for a new life
- Little baby clothes and an excuse to keep those fun toys around for a few more years!
What are you loving about your kids right now?