Things I love about having a five-month-old:
- Gorgeous smiles
- The way she kicks her legs to show her excitement
- Her obvious adoration of her big brother and sister (Johnny can get her to laugh more than anyone – or anything – else)
Things I love about having a two-year-old:
- Watching him learn new words every day
- Seeing him play with Emma and clown for Lily
- Hugs, hugs, hugs
Things I love about having a nearly-four-year-old:
- Hearing her narrate more and more of her world
- Watching her teach her brother and sister
- Her passion for learning new things
- Crossing a parking lot with three small children requires great mental and physical acuity.
- It’s harder for children to sneak out of the car if you make them climb out by crawling through the tunnel under the rear-facing car seat.
- The surest way to get a toddler to be gentle with a baby is to be gentle with the toddler.