What I did instead of meeting one of my goals this month…
It’s already July!!! June was lovely for us. We had mostly nice weather, we enjoyed end-of-school activities, and we are embracing our summer downtime! I did pretty well on my June goals, with the exception of the girls’ dresses – although Lily’s dress, at least, is on its way to being finished – all it needs is three buttons, so I need to sort through my button collection and find something that works. You can see the evidence on instagram :) Then I need to finish Emma’s dress. Then Johnny has a request in for a quilt like Lily’s, and Emma is begging for me to let her use the sewing machine by herself… maybe she could sew Johnny’s quilt?
I did make the crocheted baby hat pictured above during some of my sewing procrastination time! Isn’t it pretty? I can’t wait to put it on our little baby girl!
The baby’s clothes are washed, and I got these adorable Thirsties Duo Wrap diaper covers. Still working on the inserts, which I’m making by serging upcycled flannel receiving blankets, and old flannel sheets. I still have my cloth wipes stash, which I made by serging squares mostly cut from old flannel pajamas.
My 17-year-old sister is coming to stay with us mid-July, and I am super excited about that! My kids are also VERY excited – K is an incredibly fun Aunt, and she will be here for nearly a month!
Goals for July:
- Pack a hospital bag. Soon would probably be wise. Target Areas: peace and health
- Finish the girls’ dresses. Target Area: gratitude (for my daughters’ patience – these dresses were started nearly a year ago, good thing I cut them out BIG!)
- Serge diaper inserts. Target Area: peace and health
- Finish the dragon I’m crocheting for Lily’s birthday. Target Areas: education (for me) and gratitude (for my wonderful nearly-three-year-old)
- Keep spending lots of time outside. Target Areas: gratitude, peace, and health
- Keep eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Target Areas: health, education, and peace
- Celebrate my 32nd birthday! Target Area: gratitude
- Enjoy spending time with my sister. Super easy goal! Target Area: gratitude
Please, please, please, consider donating to the American Cancer Society if you haven’t done so already? We’re closing down this fundraiser after Wednesday. This cause is all the more important to me as this week we learned that both one of our closest friends from college AND the wife of one of Mike’s coworkers have malignant melanoma – two people we care deeply about hit with one of many cancers that still need a lot of research. Thank you so very much to those who have already contributed!