My primary goal for November was gratitude, and I especially enjoyed spending lots of quality time with baby Anna, who is growing up very quickly! I had a lot of fun with my three other kids, as well – we grew salt crystals, made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, visited the Boston Museum of Science, and got a sneak preview of the newest season of Curious George – be sure to check out the giveaway in that last post, if you haven’t already!
We also enjoyed a fun birthday party for Johnny (early, so as not to conflict with everyone’s Christmas plans), made this cute handprint turkey, and enjoyed a lovely Thanksgiving dinner at my sister’s house. We have our Christmas tree up, and we made a couple Christmas crafts: this handprint ornament for Anna, and a family handprint Christmas tree – which I plan to redo in felt as a keepsake Christmas decoration.
My other goal for November was organization. I got quite a bit of decluttering done, but not a lot of organizing. Halfway there? We were all sick (to varying degrees) for the second part of the month, and I will always prioritize cuddling my baby over organizing. And babies are always willing to be cuddled. My kids are also currently always willing to do an activity with me, and I want to make the most of that while they are young and so appreciative of my attention. Their creativity always makes me smile, like a rainbow during hard times.
I have several December goals, but I hope they will prove doable:
- Focus on gratitude. Target Areas: gratitude and education (about the spirit of Christmas)
- Make Anna’s stocking. Target Area: gratitude
- Do something to make Advent a bit more present in our lives. If you have a favorite Advent tradition, I would love for you to share it in the comments! Target Areas: gratitude, peace, and education
- Pick or make a paper planner for 2013 – recommendations here are also appreciated! Target Areas: peace, gratitude and education
- Play lots of Christmas music, because I love it. Target Areas: peace and health
- Enjoy lots of family time. Target Areas: gratitude and peace
What are your plans for December? If you have a goals post, I would love for you to leave a link in the comments!Thank you for sharing!
Social media sites: